Thursday, August 04, 2005

the laryngitis transcription

[Last year, at lunch with Tom Lisk, at Porters, I was required, being stricken with laryngitis, to communicate via writing on napkins. I found the napkins tonight; here is the transcription of what I wrote for that conversation.]


She's waiting
to start her new
job at
UNC

She's starting
something new
next week--I
think it'll be
mostly nights

Ginsberg
teaching
classes

I used a dictionary
20 words at
random

Would you
like to
read there
?

I'll e-mail
possible
dates

late
1960s
country music

"Olives" in
Unpleasant Event
Schedule

ed.
Dan
Nester

I graded 120
papers

For this one, she picked
words she liked, not
random

art gallery
antiques
café

he was
Halpern's student

He's considered,
like, the next
R. Jarrell

he's mentioned w/
Vendler as a top critic

his poetry's good

People send in
emotions and he
has to act
them out for his camera
(still photos)

Like..."How you feel
when you forget to
lock the door"

they have a magazine
called Word Wrights
No
DC
shell
Ve
Argonne

Daniel Johnston--
he's this
manic-
depressive
singer

like an
"outsider
artist"

He's really
talented--
has weird
songs

He wri

I like her
store, so I
wanted to
promote it

I thought
it'd be funny to
say

for my
poetry
readings

"Visi

Tony said
my work reminds
him of Creeley--
very
"precise"

The Lonedale
Operator

"Visiting"
in castagraf

People cdn't figure
out what the setting was.
Was it a bar,
etc.

Belle & Sebastian
Dear Catastrophe
Waitress
If You're Feeling
Sinister

Have you
seen Nick
Halpern?

No comments: